From LOLCat Bible Translation Project
From your edit on the Guidelines page, it looks like Hovr Cat is going away. You might want to consider doing a search and replace; I've been using Hovr Cat and I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere. (I'll go through some of the older contributions and fix manually too, though.) Cattus petasatus 20:56, 17 October 2007 (EDT)
- I dunno who added Hover Cat to the Guidelines, but I thought that the general consensus was that we were gonna try to keep the names the same. Plus one verse refers to Mary getting pregnant via the Holy Spirit, and that just sounds wrong to have HoverCat making Mary Preggers... oh well, I guess it really needs more discussion. anshkakashi 00:28, 18 October 2007 (EDT)
I saw the changes you made in Amos 6 - I'll use the indent template from here on out. (I just read today that the Old Testament is 40% poetry, so it'll come in handy.) Thanks! Cattus petasatus 20:49, 17 October 2007 (EDT)
- No problem, I saw your changes there and decided that I'd make a template to allow that. I've seen alot of places where this was needed, I just didn't take the time to write something for it. hopefully that helps! anshkakashi 00:28, 18 October 2007 (EDT)
im in ur talk paej, givin u sugjeschnz
First, nice work on all the templates!
When the Verse template is completely ready, what would you think about adding a box to the main page with links to well-known Bible passages? (The Lord's Prayer, the Christmas story, the Ten Commandments, et cetera ... maybe we could pick out five or ten that are both well-known and well-translated?) -- Cattus petasatus 09:31, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
- Ah! That's a fantastic idea. Once a few of those sections get completed we can do that. The verse template is mostly ready, just one more change, and then it's just a matter of waiting for all of them to get updated to the new style. Unless you think there's something that needs to be changed. ^^; anshkakashi 16:31, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
- Oh, the template looks fine to me. Just didn't want to pile extra work on you while you were still in the middle of a big project.
- In the meantime, I'll work up a starter list of verses. I was thinking maybe we could have a few really popular ones on the main page, with a link to page with a more comprehensive list? Cattus petasatus 12:13, 15 October 2007 (EDT)
You have done, by far, the most work XD. Thanks. Ur bots are in my wiki, improvin my codez. --Zotnix 18:40, 18 October 2007 (EDT)
strange goings-on in leviticus
I've been running about making minor adjustments and noticed in Leviticus 4 and 6 that some verses contained non-template links to other verses. It looks very strange since they're in superscript and I was curious if the best course of action would be to ignore it or rewrite the verses. I want to get this thing published already. :p Omegainstigator 04:32, 29 January 2008 (EST)
- Just taking a quick look, I don't really know why those links are showing up in superscript. I would guess the best thing to do would be to remove the link and just use the text. I'll investigate further though. anshkakashi 13:55, 29 January 2008 (EST)