From LOLCat Bible Translation Project
Page Name Change
Can you change the name of this page to "Holy Bible" or something?--Jesus 20:51, 30 July 2007 (EDT)
- Yep, by moving the page to Holy Bible and changing MediaWiki:Mainpage to reflect that Gracenotes 18:50, 12 August 2007 (EDT)
Exactly how many people are working on this?--Jesus 07:54, 1 August 2007 (EDT)
- Not too many yet. Three heavy contributors plus a few misc. people. I just started the site about 10 days ago, so I'm surprised at how much stuff has been done in that short amount of time. --Zotnix 08:30, 1 August 2007 (EDT)
Hi, I'm new to the project, and I'm looking to do some major work. Just so I don't conflict with anyone, I have two questions: what sections are no one working on for sure, and also- what bible are we using? King James? New English? I don't know the rest. If you're not picky, I'll just use whichever one I buy when I go to a used bookstore today. Thanks, and BAI! Sexdeathrobots 16:59, 9 October 2007 (EDT)
- I'm using the NIV from GospelCom. The site also has other English-language Bibles if anyone prefers them. It's searchable and you can cut and paste from their website directly into the editing window to get started. Cattus petasatus 11:02, 12 October 2007 (EDT)
- I'm actually using BibleGateway.com. They have a ton of different translations. I particularly use the "Message" translation. Puts it close to modern language, so it makes it one step closer. jobe 7:27, 27 October 2007 (EDT)
- I'm using the NET. The translation notes are excellent. Oh, and I'm occasionally consulting a Nestle-Aland Greek edition, 4 serius tranzlashun akuraci. Pseudonym 08:36, 27 October 2007 (EDT)
So anyz I'm new to this as well. I -also- want to know what sections need doing, and my email is available if you guys need another translator :D! ortofl iz catbibul!1 Theshade 22:58, 9 November 2007 (EST)
- Welcome! Really all you have to do is read the Guidelines, pick a chapter, and start translating. It takes a bit of practice, but isn't too bad. --Zotnix 23:40, 9 November 2007 (EST)
So, are we doing my template and the bottom bar or what's the deal with that? --Jesus 14:26, 4 August 2007 (EDT)
Comment about extensions: installing ParserFunctions and CategoryTree would be, imho, useful for this project. ParserFunctions would help because it can parse expressions, check if pages exist, etc., useful for the bottom template. CategoryTree seems helpful because organization here looks heavily category-based. Just my opinion, tho Gracenotes 18:50, 12 August 2007 (EDT)
One question: How difficult is it to have some "rate this page" feature (e.g. like on youtube) in the wiki? This could give some feedback which style is considered as fun by most of the people. --Landei
- Ouch. Yes. That actually would be a great idea. I noticed some pages are absolutely awesome translations. Some pages are really poor translations but still funny. Some are done with translation software. Ideally, I want to see funny and somewhat accurate. The concepts should be intact, but the text should be garbled. --Zotnix 11:46, 9 October 2007 (EDT)
I HAS FINDZ WEBSIET NAMD SPEAKLOLCAT.COM WHICH TRANZLATEZ LOLCAT 2 ENGLISH--CHEEZBURGER 16:13, 17 October 2007 (EDT)
hu maded teh pikchur?
I'm sure we've all seen the original picture of the photoshopped (I assume) Bible in lolcat, with the first page visible. Does anyone know who made that originally? It's pretty impressive, not to mention it being the inspiration for this whole project. Apologies if I'm being a complete noob. Dbmag9 15:20, 1 January 2008 (EST)
- [www.notablogtm.com] made it. He has a link to it and a discussion. Enjoy. Zotnix 17:02, 1 January 2008 (EST)
- Wow; thanks. That's pretty darn impressive. Dbmag9 13:40, 3 January 2008 (EST)
Show some images on the mainpage!
Lolcatz are all about images, so can we get some images on the main page? Or images and sample text or something, it's too bland and clinical currently.
Book of Mormon
May i translate some mormon books or will that just make it too long and hard?
- U wantz template dat listz them? John Carter 16:29, 14 July 2008 (EDT)
Where's mah Apocrypha??
Possible missing content
Tobit, Judith, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, the additions to Esther and Daniel, 3 Maccabees, 1 Esdras, Prayer of Manasseh, Psalm 151, 2 Esdras, Odes, 4 Maccabees, and 1 Enoch are all seen as being canonical by at least some Christian churches. Would it be appropriate to include them as well? John Carter 10:11, 19 June 2008 (EDT)
- I has made Apocrypha, listin teh apocrypha and other bookz. I finkz I deserve cheezburger 4 dis. Ill werk on addin teh tranzlashuns 2. John Carter 11:20, 7 July 2008 (EDT)
If itz ok, I would like to found Jewish LOLcats community
Hence forth the LOLcat Jews reject the idea that Jebus is our messiah.
And our LOLTanakh shall be formed of the:
Are the characters cats?
Are Jesus and all the holy people cats or hoomins? Besides, why do you use capitalisation? AnCatDubh 08:17, 15 November 2008 (EST)