From LOLCat Bible Translation Project
- April 2nd
- Ceiling Cat pownd Ceiling Moth an aet him. Ceiling Moth no moar. Ceiling Moth seesed to can has. Ceiling Moth go mete him maeker (an he got eet agin, lol). Ceiling Moth be a stif. Ceiling Moth can has no lief... Ceiling Moth be ecks-Ceiling animul. So kittehs everywhar can has Ceiling Cat bak agin! Yay!
- April 1st
- See above :(
- March 27th
- 60% of the Bible is translated. Also, if you see something that is unfunny, don't hesitate to edit and make it funnier. This is a wiki after all! Also I joined twitter, so if you are really inclined you can follow what I'm doing.
- March 23rd
- Ceiling Cat sez yu mabee shud maek dis paypacraft. Its awsum! Lurn how an upload pikchas heer!
- March 22nd
- Hai, I have to say I am amazed. 48% of the Bible is done now. A large chunk of that was done by Jedi, so please give him a big thanks on his talk page. Joaquin67 and Cucka also have contributed quite a bit themselves. A big thanks to everyone else who has helped also.
- March 17th
- Hai kittehs frum icanhascheezburger, Ai hoep yu liek ur stay. Teh Holiez Bibul is still bein wowkd on so if any of yu wan to halp translayt yu can has inspirayshun frum Ceiling Cat! Welcoem an enjoi ur stay!
- March 7th
- Oh hai. Iz teh Ceiling Cat Profett. Soemtiems der be bad stufs on teh internets dat go aginst Ceiling Cat, liek dis an yu shud kno, Ceiling Cat DO NOT WANT! Dun folow udda ceiling animuls. Dat bad. Pew! Pew! Pew! Yu gets Ceiling Cat's lazer eyes an yu go to teh eternil stinkee littrbocks. Srsly.
- March 6th
- 40% translated. Awesome.
- February 29th
- I have a big website here and it would be terrible to not use it for a greater good. I have a friend who's father has a spinal injury and he is confined to a wheelchair. He is trying to get out of the country to get a chance with stem cells. He is going to hold a fundraiser in Massachusetts on March 15th from 7PM to Midnight. There will be a raffle, music, and snacks, and it is $10 to get in. If you would like to help out, attend, and/or donate, please email me for more information, directions, and who to call for more information. Any help is appreciated. It will be in the town of Pepperell.
- February 25th
- lolcatbible was mentioned on the Popular Science website! Awesome. I <3 science.
- February 16th
- Hey. This will be the only mention of this here and there won't be another political item here again. I just want to show my non-lolcat project. If you wish to support it information is on the site. The site is: I Don't Count. Thanks!
- January 21st
- The Push to Publish has started. The idea is to get publishers and translators interested in actually getting this work published into a physical copy of the Lolcat Bible.I think it can be done! So get out the word! Invite people to translate. Help translate! There is also an official facebook group to help keep everyone in touch with the effort (as well as news postings here).
- January 16th
- Tussicat made an awesome video that you can find embedded on the Ceiling Cat Prayer page as well as here. This video is just really awesome, and I think this wiki would be awesomer if more people did some videos. So, I've enabled the ability to add videos from youtube and other providers. See the Ceiling Cat Prayer source for syntax. Upload your video related to lolcatbible.com and go to town. I'm amazed at the creativity of the community!
- January 12th
- Oh hai! Want to meet me, the admin? Want to see a bunch of internet celebrities in one place? Want to mingle with other translators? You can. There is a convention coming up called ROFLCon. You can find out more information here and check it out. I look forward to meeting a bunch of you guys. See you there! Let them know you found out about the convention from here.
- January 6th
- I want to gauge some opinion here. Drop me an email and let me know: Would you buy a published version of the Lolcat Bible when the entire Bible is translated and polished? I am just curious. Let me know what you think!
- January 4th
- Happy New Year! The new year has brought about lots of exciting developments and a flurry of activity. I am proud to say we've reached 35% of the Bible done. Great work! I am also still giving out lolcatbible.com email addresses, so don't be shy and request yours. There also may be quite a few major announcements coming soon so keep yourself posted. Kthxbai!
- December 17th
- Zotnix is now giving out email addresses. Drop an email with the desired firstname.lastname@example.org! The accounts will be free and provided by GMail.
- December 16th
- Article in the LA Times about the LOLCat Bible Translation Project! Read it here!
- December 10th
- Zotnix added some items at the online store for your pleasure. Be sure to check them out. He will still take some suggestions still if you have them!
- As of this date 30% of the Bible is done! That's 30% since the bulk of edits have occurred after October 10th! Thanks all for the great effort.
- November 23rd, 2007
- Zotnix was interviewed for a feature on lolcats. See the feature here in the Courier Journal!
I can haz halp plz?
Translate a chapter! Translate a verse! Every little bit helps. Maybe one day we will have the entire Bible translated. If you would like an example of good lolcat Bible translating, look at Job 1. Have fun with it, be a bit loose on the translation. If you'd like to know what pages need help, check out the Stubs page. For more please see our forums for more help, tips, and more!
Also, if you aren't too good at kitty pidgin, but are good with GiMP or Photoshop, we'd like to get some original illustrations for the Bibul. Feel free to contribute your own graphics. Make sure to check out the Guidelines linked to below.
After all, the Bible has already been literally translated several times. Time for our interpretation.
Please see our Guidelines for some information on how to best submit to this project.Also, currently we are moving to a new verse style. If you would like to assist in this transition, please visit pages needing to be converted.
We haz frenz, u can be wan 2!
The LOLCat Bible Translation Project has a community in IRC as well as here on the wiki. Check out our Community Portal to see how you can join in.