How to speak lolcat
From LOLCat Bible Translation Project
This is the largest of fucking fail.
STFU AND GTFO
pls dun be abusin teh txtspeak, kthx
An important distinction is that lolcatspeak is not txtspeak. Here is a comparison:
- Hi, I was wondering if you could come down here at about 3PM. Will that be fine?
- TxtSpeak: hi was wndrng u cud cme dwn @ 3, k?
- lolcat: O hai! Iz wunderin, yu can has go to heer at 3? kthxbai.
TxtSpeak's main purpose is to shorten the amount of keys needed to get the message across. This is not lolcat speak.
ai can has pronowns?
Pronouns are almost destroyed in lolcat. Here are some examples:
- I -> ai (Sometimes I works better.)
- I am -> Iz
- me -> meh
- you -> yu Plural-> yuz
- he -> him
- his -> him
- she -> her
- hers -> her
- them -> dem
- they -> dem
- their -> dem
Him and her are abused.
- He went to the store and came back with nothing. He is very bad!
- Him goed to teh stowr an caem bak wif nofin! Him is vewee wet!
- I am trying to sleep. Could you please be quiet?
- Iz tryin to slepe. Yu be kwyet, k?
- She likes his taste in clothes a lot. I bet she dates him for that!
- Her liek him tayst in clofes lotz. Ai fink her dait him for dat!
- They keep looking over here. Maybe there is a stain on my shirt?
- Dey kep lukin ovah heer. oh noes! Iz has stane on mah shurt?
Abundant use of the word "srsly" is necessary.
-An thenn tehy wuz al ded. Srsly. (Exodus 1)
Want to see how well you've learned LOLcat? here's the test! What does this say:
Test 1: an teh ppl wen 2 teh pien tre and seds "o hai. we luvs ar pien tre!!!1!" srsly.
The people went to the pine tree and said, "Oh hi. We love our pine tree!" Seriously.
Test 2: Hai Iz likes pai
Hi, I like pie
Test 3: I can has peec uv pai?
Can I have a piece of pie?
How well did you do? Good luck reading!